Common excuse I just don’t have enough time.
Of five days wasted the trick is to work smarter not harder-if your putting off projects here are some tips:
Procrastination: it is not a problem it is a symptom of a problem, ask what the downside of not doing things is and what is the problem I am avoiding/hiding behind?
- Not putting yourself first
- Doing urgent but not important things first
- Fear of accomplishment
- Need to be busy rather than productive
- Checking your email and social media all the time are production killers, a distraction, others include food, cups of tea, coffee, doing others chores, not yours, busy wasting time.
SIMPLE WAYS TO MAKE YOURSELF PRODUCTIVE
See where your distractions are
- poor time management
- poor scheduling
- letting others determine your day
- never saying NO
ACTION STEPS AND TAKING THEM
- Redefine what is important, ask yourself does this further my goals and objectives
- If you have ten things on a list you will find some will answer ‘should’s’ i.e. more obligated.
- People will get upset if I don’t respond
- I should do it because WHAT a good person I will be.
- I can’t delegate because only I can do it, someone might do it better than me.
- Write to the point emails and don’t get caught up in others drama’s
IDENTIFY TIME WASTERS
- TV, Junk email, surfing the net needlessly, emotional eating, emotional needy friends, emotional drinking, emotional smoking, emotional helplessness, emotional dependence, emotional drug taking, emotional sex.
WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS?
- Focus on the emotion that is creating this desire why is it necessary, are you addicted! Ask for help!!
- Is it something to do with the illusion of being busy these can kill productivity and ruin your life!!!
IDENTIFY ENERGY DRAINS
- Worrying about reactions of others, will people cut me off, compulsive checking; associating with negative people their dramas and their negative thoughts drains energy. Get them out of your life or keep them at a distance.
- Worrying drains energy, people often chose a negative reaction to connect themselves to something i.e. grief or illness or past event, WRONG chose to connect through confidence, goodness, positive future GOALS.
- We connect through love instead of worry. Instead of worrying about a project use confidence that you are gong to work on the project and create more time to do so.
- Give voice to your worry, SPEAK IT. SAY IT.
If you have an hour watch Bruce Lipton’s video
CREATE A TO DO LIST= DO IT=responsibility=actions=consequences and sometimes unintended consequences.